As you probably guessed, I’m Matt. Nice to meet you.
On this blog I’ll talk a lot about marketing, things that I’m exploring or doing, things that I don’t have time to explore, and some general thoughts about the web. I’ll talk a lot about how to make money online, which has been a goal of mine, which is actually not that difficult, and which, in my opinion, has the potential to change the landscape of huge aspects of culture such as education. But more on that later.
I also hope to introduce you to people I’ve met along my web journeys and share some of the information that I’ve found helpful. It’s my hope that this blog facilitates conversations and networking with people around the US and the world that I wouldn’t have had otherwise and that I’ll be able to share those conversations and experiences with my audience.
At the time of writing this, I’m nearly 30 years old. I decided to start blogging again… well… because I like sharing what I learn about online marketing and because I want to have my own personal, professional “space” on the web. I run a marketing company over at ScepterMarketing.com. These days we do more websites for small businesses than anything else, but we’re always exploring new opportunities to do things on the web. If you want marketing for your business go there. This blog will be more about my personal journey of online marketing, independent of my corporate brand.
For better or worse, I’ve been a dabbler since I set up my first WordPress blog in 2010. Apparently, I’ve had a hard time focusing. I’ve been in several network marketing companies, bought umpteen info courses from online marketers and gurus, I’ve made and sold websites, done freelance work, have outsourced my services to other companies, I’ve ran facebook campaigns, built email lists, done affiliate marketing, and more recently – I’ve started working some arbitrage with Amazon. I love it all, and it’s been difficult for me to stick with just one thing.
I’m the epitome of the phrase, “jack of all trades, master of none.” But as I like to say, “I’m working on that.” Part of the reason for me writing is to help me focus. When I share what I’m doing on the web, it reminds me and excites me which helps me stay motivated to push through to the completion of the project.
In some ways, this is the next part of “growing up” for me – growing from a “dabbler” to more of a serious business man.
Ultimately, I want to be able to market anything online from physical and digital products to political campaigns to local business services to sports. So stay tuned, and enjoy the ride!
A few facts about me:
- I’m a marketer and entrepreneur who enjoys exploring the limitless options that the web has for business and commerce. It fascinates me.
- I also love systematizing and streamlining processes and organizing information.
- I’m borderline-obsessed with efficiency and I think the hyper division of labor that the internet makes available is the best thing since sliced bread.
- I have an Audible account and I listen to books more than I read them these days, usually on 2x speed so that I feel like I’m saving time.
- I am the opposite of a do-it-yourself-er. My motto is closer to “why do it yourself”? (WDIY)
- I love going to cities and pondering the effort involved in building such massive structures. From the rich people who bankroll the project to the cheap overseas labor that manufactured some of the pieces – the diversity of people and skills, the coordination or resources and people, and the strategy and organization of the whole process are staggeringly beautiful to me.
Thanks for stopping by marketermatt.com. Thanks for being on the journey with me, and I look forward to hearing from you and sharing with you.